View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 06:32 PM   #1
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Default Thoughts on timeline of procedure

It is that time of year for Thumper's annual exam. At this time I get him his usual ultrasound and teeth cleaning.

In addition Thumper is due for a boatload of blood tests. (It is pretty much the kitchen sink). Luckily he does not need any shots except Bordatella

I emailed his vet to find out all the tests he needs and about the ultrasound and teeth cleaning. I asked if it can all be done on the same day.

She emailed me back stating she would not recommend it because it is too much for him. I agree with that assessment.

However, she recommended to do the ultrasound and blood work all together and if it comes back good do the teeth cleaning after.

I put a call into her to discuss her thoughts. However, she is not back into the office until Sunday and wanted to get others opinions before I talk to her.

I do think we should split things up but want to do the ultrasound and teeth cleaning together. I do not mind doing the blood work beforehand as then I can know if he can go under anesthesia.

1. My main concern is I do not want to have to put Thumper under anesthesia twice in a short time period.
2. I have pet insurance and they will not pay for dental but if I combine it with another procedure like an ultrasound I would get the anesthesia and meds covered. That comes to about 1/2 the cost of the procedure. Financially, that helps a lot.

He also has a fatty lump under his skin about the size of a quarter. It does not bother him but want to ask about removing it or if it is better to leave alone.

Finally, Thumper needs the following blood work and BP done. I have no issues with any of these tests.

1. ACTH
2. SDMA
3. Senior Blood Panel
4. CPL for Pancrititis

I am dreading these vet bills this summer. Good thing I have credit care

Last edited by aweitzm1; 06-19-2020 at 06:35 PM.
aweitzm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!