View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 08:47 AM   #3
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Personally, I probably would not remove it surgically at her age. I am faced with a similar issue these days. My 14 (possibly 15) year old Teddy Bear has glaucoma in one eye...he developed it suddenly about 3 weeks ago due to his body reacting to a cataract. When first diagnosed they were talking about possible enucleation and I decided right then that there was no way I would put him through that surgery. He has other conditions which make him high risk for anesthesia not to mention age. We are treating with drops and he is doing ok...but it is a day to day thing. If he doesn't improve enough, I will let him go to the bridge. He has had a long happy like and I refuse to put him through anything that would cause him more pain. I want his last days on earth to be as comfortable as possible. Over the years, after losing many, I have found it is easier for me to make these decisions BUT it is never, ever easy.
I share this only to express "my" feeings and thoughts.
At the end of the day you must do what you think is best for her and what you can live with.
Second opinions are ok....if you feel like your vet is not giving you enough information. I wish you well in your decision.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!