Thread: Covid
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #11
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
You have to be careful with the numbers rising thing because they might go up for 2 days and then drop back down. Just a day or 2 doesn’t make a trend. It is also very normal for numbers to go up with more testing but that doesn’t mean more hospitalizations or even deaths. The WHO is saying it is very rare to for people who aren’t showing symptoms to pass it.
Agree. Likely the gathering of huge crowds in any area might pass on more positive cases but usually only those among us at high risk or engaging in risky medical lifestyles, truly suffer ill effects from Covid 19 at this point in its existence. A shame that someone who ignores pandemic precautions still in effect in his city/county can actually infect an older or at-risk person they later encounter.

And this fact is interesting, providers listing a patient as a Covid 19 patient, whether they are suffering actual symptoms or not for that medical encounter or admission, automatically increases Medicare payments to that provider approx. 20%, likely also does for private or group insurance reimbursements. In so many cases where Medicare, insurance fraud from up-coding reason for treatment, over-billing medical charges runs rampant, I doubt there is no overhyping this disease for profit, political purposes and increased media income.

The more frightened we are, the more we click on and view media for Covid 19 stories. Even the children the media readily reports as suffering from MIS-C, the often-referred to "covid-related" inflammatory disease, usually test negative for the actual Covid 19 virus. I was really shocked to hear that first on TV, then look it up and read it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!