View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGK View Post
I was lucky that Rocky never began marking before his neutering at a little over 7 months. He is a year old next week and has not marked. My trainer said some neutered males will still occasionally mark. She really surprised me when she told me that some females will also mark.
I neutered Joey at 6 months and he never marked and even squatted to pee most of the time, at 4 he still does this if he has to pee a lot especially first time in the morning. But Joey wasn’t around other boys just his sister so didn’t start lifting his leg for a long time. Ollie I wanted to finish puppy a puppy class then neuter so he was 9 months and he started marking and it was very difficult to get him to stop and I won’t use belly bands because it’s just a diaper and doesn’t teach them anything. I have decided if I ever get another boy I’m neutering at 6 months unless there is a health issues. Joey will sometimes mark outside but not inside. Penny is a female that marks but will only do it in the house if she is stressed and just my bedroom.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!