View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
dalnna
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Both Mast Cell and Round Cells in biopsy

Wow. It's been forever since I posted but I need a bit of advice here. My little 4 pound Lucy just turned 15. She developed dry eye which we're treating with cyclosporin and seems to be helping but because she was squinting yesterday and has been goopy for awhile, I brought her to the vet. She also had a pink bump on her belly which had suddenly gotten a bit pinker, bigger and kind of opened up so I asked the doc to take a look at that as well. The news was good regarding her eye. She does have a bit of an infection in the one eye and she's begun antibiotic drops for the affected eye. The news about the bump in her tummy not as good. I okayed a fine needle biopsy to see what was going on and doc found not one but two types of abnormal cells. One was mast cells, the other round cells. So that trip was over $400.00. I okayed it because I felt I could get an answer as to grade and stage if it was cancerous but now I'm faced with spending another $700.00 to have the lump removed so they can send it away to pathology to determine grade and stage. She said if it's a low grade/stage mast cell tumor, removing it may be all she needs but she's concerned with these round cells as the may indicate a different type of cancer. I hate for it to come down to money but she's 15, her BUN was 62 with a reference range of 7-27. I absolutely love this little girl and I'm so torn as to what to do. Does anyone have experience with a senior lady with similar issues? If o, I'd love to hear about it in the hope it may guide me in what to do. She doesn't seem to be in pain (other than that nasty eye) except she doesn't want me anywhere near her belly. The vet said she could feel a hard lump under the skin. I'd appreciate any information and guidance I can get. Thanks so much.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!