View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Talking Hooray...Tyrone will tolerate a bath!

I've spoken before about Tyrone's INTENSE fear of the water. He came to us that way, and although we have helped him relax some, he is still terrified. My husband has had to be the one to bathe him because he struggles so fiercely. We were watching an old Shark Tank episode and saw a product called "Aquapaw". It is a rubber brush-like disk that fits onto your hand and is attached to a hose which connects with a water source (mine works in our deep laundry sink where I bathe both of our dogs.) The water flows through holes in the center of the disk, and it can be turned on and off by pressing a tab in the middle of the fixture.

OMG! A miracle occurred, and Ty stood relatively still, with no shaking, while Jim combed the water through his coat. It is wonderful for pre-shampoo wet downs as well as rinses. I tried in on Gus, who is great with baths, but hates water on his head. It sprayed around due to my awkwardness, but I am sure that with practice I will become more adept. I only wish that I had found this four years ago when we got Tyrone...he might not have feared water if we had been able to make his baths more calm from the beginning.

Aquapaw has their own website, plus they are on Amazon and Chewy...at $25 I would highly recommend this product! There are others who have copied the concept, but I purchased the original Aquapaw pet bathing tool.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!