View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Congrats on your new baby.
It could take as long as 2 months for Pixie to accept George. Puppies are high energy babies, nippy at at older dog, hanging off their tails always wanting to play. Make sure Pixie has a safe haven to get away from the wild child, if she is trying to bite the puppy never leave them together unsupervised.
When ever I bought home a new baby my older ones (3 and 6 yo)would stay up on the sofa where baby jaws could not reach them. Once the puppy was able to jump up on the sofa my older ones had no choice but to accept the new kid, they became BFF.

Make Pixie first in every thing, first to get greeted and pet when you're out and come home, fed Pixie first, at treat time give Pixie her treat first. This is to show Pixie she is till # 1 and has not been replaced, after all, she was the center of your attraction for 4 years, it will take time. Each dog is different, some will accept in days, others in months.

Do not force the puppy on Pixie, let Pixie go to the puppy on her time, her terms, spend some one on one time with just Pixie, she was the Diva for 4 years, show her she still is.

They will be just fine, but it will take time, just be patient it will happen.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!