Thread: Changing food
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
ChibiLuv
and molliluv too!
Donating Member

Default Changing food

So here’s the backstory. Molli is 10, last year in May we lost her fur brother Chibi and recently it’s come to my attention that her energy, vigor for life, coat and overall health has been down since then. I video chatted with a vet since her last actual visit went well and I think it’s her food. We were on Simply Nourish and I used to give more veggies when Chibi was around. Now we’ve been on Whole Hearted which seems like a great food but doesn’t seem to be working for us. I’d like to switch to freeze dried or air dried human grade food in mixture with canned food maybe?
I ordered:
Wellness Complete Health Natural Wet Canned Dog Food and
The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Turkey Whole Food Clusters
And a sample size of Frenchies Kitchen (What the vet recommended) but honestly that food is too expensive for me to feed on a regular basis.
I’m hoping to make the Honest Kitchen last a month or at least 3 weeks between my 2 dogs who usually eat 1/3 cup in the morning and 1/2 a cup in the evening.
I don’t want either of them to get pancreatitis or diabetes like my Chibi did but cost is a factor. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!