View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #14
kikil
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Take her to your present vet, as I'm sure you searched out and found another one as both conditions need treatment, allergies especially in the spring and fall. If she has been diagnosed with allergies and dry skin, there are tests and treatment for both. And as someone who has allergies to many antibiotics, I know that that type of itching can be utterly maddening, every bit if not worse than a lot of post-op pain it's so intense. Pain medicine can help intense pain but so far, allergic reaction itching has only mild relief for humans, so all one can do is avoid drugs we're allergic to or go mad. If you little one is dealing with that type of wide, systemic itching, she's truly in need of quick help. Dogs feel pain, feel itching, feel illness and injury but as a species try as hard as they can to hide any outward show of it unless the frustration finally makes them desperate enough to show they need help by shaking, pacing, nervous/obsessive behavior, drooling, restlessness, abnormal behavior of any kind. Her restlessness, foot licking can be a cry for help, mom, and she needs it sooner rather than later.
She got meds for it. I know some meds take time to work. But she hasn't licked on her feet today. Sometimes I think the weather does something to them. I know it does for the older people in my family. And too she got a allergy shot this month for the first time too
kikil is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!