View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #8
JasmineNoelle
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Jackson has had 2 bad cases where he got really sick. He usually would begin with lots of vomiting (keeping me up all night, every hour). Then it would turn into diarrhea the next day, sometimes very watery. He was also clearly in pain, curled up on the couch, sleeping all day. Both times his lipase and amylase blood levels were very high.

He was put on metronidazole, Cerenia anti nausea, given subq fluids, and originally put on RC GI low fat.

But like I said, it ended up not working for us. And we settled on Royal Canin PW selective protein moderate calorie kibble (it's 7.5% fat) and then Weruva tuna canned. He does better on fish/potato/grainfree because he also has other sensitivities besides the pancreatitis (possible IBD).

We keep an insanely close eye on his diet now. He did just recently have a minor flare up which consisted of a slightly elevated CPL (that is the specific test for pancreatitis they do). Settled it with just feeding the tuna canned food (dry was too tough on his tummy, I think) and some metronidazole. He was waking up with nausea etc. We also give Pepcid A/C as needed.
Thank you so much for the additional information. It really helps!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!