View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
JasmineNoelle
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Also -- sorry you are in the club of pancreatitis and sluggish gallbladder. Jackson got a similar diagnosis in 2018. He was put on RC low fat for pancreatitis but then ended up getting diarrhea for months (he was only getting RC GI food and treats). It was a whole ordeal and test after test. Anyway the food didn't work for him (he was always starving on it, and then clearly not absorbing it since he had non stop diarrhea for 2 months). With that said, it works GREAT for many pancreatitis pups and I whole heartedly trust RC. We use a different RX kibble of theirs now (Selected Protein PW Moderate Calorie) it's a fish and potato based food and we use Weruva canned food (Cirque de le Mer is very low fat -- under 10% on a dry matter basis). Dry matter basis is something to keep in mind with pancreatitis pups too I have learned. Even if the back of a can says "3% fat", once you account for the moisture, you may have a food that is 20% fat and way too high. Here is the calculator I like to use: https://www.pawdiet.com/articles/dry...-for-pet-food/
Thank you for the info. Maggie is improving and is doing well on the RC. If you don’t mind, what symptoms did Britster present with when he was diagnosed and what meds did they put him on? Thank you in advance. Joyce
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!