Thread: New to Yorkies
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:55 AM   #10
Bluebells
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleysjc View Post
Welcome to Yorkie Talk! Great introduction, your Jax sounds like a normal yorkie pup. A ball of energy who is in a hurry to see everything, do everything and be everything for you!
Unless your vet has a problem with Jax weight, he will eat when he’s hungry and it doesn’t take much to fill up that little tummy. For training you could try cooked chicken in tiny pieces. But I’m sure other members have many suggestions in that area.
As far as cleaning his eyes, grooming, light stuff. If you slightly hold him by the hair under his chin it can be very helpful. It works for my 9mts., 3lb. little girl.
Thanks Momma for saving this little bundle of joy! You’ll get there will the help of Yorkie Talk Mom’s and Dad’s!
My vet doesn’t really have a problem with his weight, other than that she said she was hoping he’d make it to at least six pounds, but we’re getting less optimistic about him getting that big. She’s happy with his overall health, though. She just thinks — and I agree — that it would be safer for him to be a bigger.

From what I’ve read, it seems to be really difficult to predict a Yorkie puppy’s adult weight. All I can go by for now is that he hasn’t gained any weight for about a month, but maybe he still has time for another growth spurt?
Bluebells is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!