View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
maggiefromnj
YT Addict

Default update

I did post an update on maggie in the other thread about Health...I didn't know which thread to use.

She is going to have surgery to remove the polyp this week. The vet is a newly board certified surgeon. She happens to be the same vet who did Maggies back surgery in 2016. She was a resident at Univ of Penn Vet Hospital (Ryan Vet) at the time of the back surgery. She is with a private practice now, small world that it turned out to be the same person!

As far as the meds, I found a compounding pharmacy about 25 minutes away. They do a liquid form of the metronozidole (?) and they will flavor it however you want. Chicken/marshmallow was suggested. It is MUCH easier to get that into her than playing hide the pill. They do mail order to but being bale to go there saved me time and shipping $. They were cheaper for 40ml than what the vet would charge for 20ml. The office was nice enough to call and check the price for me. They also said because the med is so bitter that the combo of a sweet and savory flavor helps best to hide it.

For the miralax I just started putting the whole days dose in her water in the morning. I only fill it halfway and she usually drink half of that midday and goes back to it after dinner and through the evening. We have to tip it so she can finish it and then add more water. She is so cute because she will whine when the water is low. It took us a while to realize because we used to fill it in the morning. We didn't know why she was whining!
maggiefromnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!