Thread: Apoquel
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #3
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Hi nice to see you back. My kid was on Apoquel for a year or 1 1/2 before cytopoint came out. He got some relief on the Apoquel, more when he was on cytopoin but still itched just not as bad. He had shots every 5 weeks for maybe 1 1/2 or 2 years. March 2019 he stopped scratching and I stopped the cytopoint shots. January 2020 I transitioned him from grain free food to regular kibble, a very slow transition (one month) February 1st he was fully on the new food and started scratching. One week his scratching was non stop so off to the vet for cytopoint shot. He got the cytopoint shot, since he was off cytopoint for 11 months my vet gave me 3 Apoquel tabs, 1/2 a tab in the morning 1/2 at night for 3 days to kick in until the cytopoint got fully into his system. So far no scratching. I'm sorry to hear the Cytopoint didn't work for your baby. When Cody was on Apoquel he had no side affects but, Cody weighs 12 Lbs.

There is another allergy pill, I cannot recall the name, I did a google search and could not fine it. I believe Wylie's Mom used it a time back, hopefully she will see your post or maybe another member knows the name of the other pill.
Stay safe and well and do not be a stranger
Thank you!! No, Chewie might not be 12 pounds, but it is encouraging to hear Cody is on it. She has had it before as a breakthrough medication, but literally only taken it twice and both times very spaced out. I just didn't have anything really concrete to say yes or no one say or another.
She's lost weight, and it's encouraging to know that our measuring very carefully has paid off. almost 1 pound!!! She was up at 7.5 pounds and back down to 6.5. Still a bit chunky but vet was well pleased. Hopefully Ann will see this so I at least have the other medication name.
Transitioned to another food and it looked okay, but then came back? Poor little man!!! I think I remember that Cody has it every where? Seriously, poor little mite!! I'll come back more often, miss you guys. Give Cody a kiss on the head and a little scratch for me (Chewsbac likes right above her tail lightly scratched) I'm glad you're doing well and continue to keep you guys as safe as well.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!