Thread: Cody's Dental
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 11:52 AM   #15
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I definitely wouldn’t have signed something saying I wouldn’t call lol. I have even called the groomer when I thought they were taking to long. When Callie was staying her over night after surgery visits at the orthopedic surgeons office they said I could call as many times as I wanted and that I did.
Years back they started this form, I now know it's a general form for any procedure. I was using this vet for years, had many pups there for dental work never had to sign any form, then one year I bring Matese in for dental and had to sign this form. I almost walked out because the last paragraph "at that time" it had "if in the event of a life threatening emergency do you want CCVS to do what ever is necessary to resuscitate and stabilize your pet"then they had listed a choice of 3 procedures you could select, the last being do all that is necessary. They have since changed that to its CCVS policy to take all necessary measures.
2018 Cody had his dental and there was nothing stating not to call. My vet has a very large practice and fully staffed, very very busy place. I can kinda understand the no calling. I attached that form, does anyone have a form similar to this where they have to initial each paragraph then sign your name at the bottom.
I do know, years back, while I was in the waiting room, some man came in carrying a German Shepard dog he had just hit with his car, then he left. Weeks later I am back at the vet, I asked about that dog, the tech told me it had a broken leg, they did the surgery and the dog was fine. There was no micro chipping back then. They had the dog 3 weeks before the owner showed up, the owner refused to pay for the surgery, threatened to sue them for not getting their permission to perform the surgery, he took his dog and left.

I don't know the outcome of that. Since then my vet covers her butt with everything and I believe the reason for this form.
Attached Thumbnails
Cody's Dental-scan_0003__1584126751_57639__1584126751_12618.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!