Thread: Cody's Dental
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 07:08 AM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Congrats to staying cool yesterday, Mom. Every time you leave them at the vet's for dental cleaning, the pit in your stomach gets worse, doesn't it, no matter how judicious your dental homecare is? And the relief when it's over and you get the call to come pick them up overwhelms the day! As Tibbe got older and older, I was almost afraid to tell anybody about his being at the vet's for dental cleaning, like I could jinx it or something and I'm not otherwise EVER superstitious. Maybe I was just too tense to put it into words on a thread, so I stopped sharing about it.

So glad all went well and here's hoping Cody's choppers stay gleaming and healthy!
I didn't make mention about Cody's up coming dental because I feel like you did (jinx my baby) lol.

I was sick all day,they make you sign a paper saying you will not call to see when pup is ready to pick up to 9PM, after 9 its ok to call, plus 12 other scary things you had to ok or not. I dropped him off at 7:30AM, They told me he could be ready between 1 and 3 PM. To keep my mind off the time I went to some stores further then where I live. It's now 3PM and no call, so I come home trying not to go into panic mode. 4PM all sorts of things are going through my mind, he died on the table, they know how I am, their tossing coins who is going to call me with the bad news.

5:10PM, screw them, I'm calling. Receptionist did not chastise me (lucky her lol) she puts me on hold for a minute or two, comes back, tells me to pick him up at 5:50PM. I was wondering had I not called, how long would they have kept him.

My vet is 35 minute drive, so I fly out after the call, pedal to the medal in my 1.8 liter buggy and get there 5:50 on the nose.

To think next year I have to go through again.

He had a dental in 2018, I do not recall him being at the vet 10 plus hours.
Thank GOD he was fine, for the 35 minute ride home he told me all about his horrible day, Cody is quite verbal when he wants something, but this ride home he was non stop lol, poor baby. As soon as we came in the house I fed him, then he quieted down lol.

Last edited by matese; 03-13-2020 at 07:12 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!