View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 08:45 AM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Glad Thumper is better, wow this is bringing it all back.

We dealt with a lot of similar stuff with Jackson. In September 2018, he was diagnosed with pancreatitis, it was a pretty bad case as well. A lot of pain, vomiting and eventually bloody diarrhea. He never was hospitalized but was given fluids and metronidazole. But he was put on Royal Canin Gastro. He recovered within about 4 days.

Then in December 2018, diarrhea started. So strange. He was only eating RC Gastro, nothing else. Dry, wet and their treats. For fear of having another pancreatitis attack, I was hesitant to take him off it. But after dealing with diarrhea for literally almost 2 months straight (well, I think it was 1.5 months mostly).... and test after test (we also did test for Cushings, Addisons, and did an ultrasound, we did GI panel bloodwork, fecal etc) and honestly no answers. But miraculously the day after we began feeding Royal Canin Moderate Calorie PW (potato and whitefish) RX kibble, poop began to get normal. That was in January 2019 and he's been great ever since. We stick to mostly fish based foods and treats and keep fat levels under 10% ish on a dry matter basis and limited ingredient.

Anyway, I am so glad Thumper is doing so well. Keep us updated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!