View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 05:32 AM   #8
strawberrycream
YT Addict

Kiss

Thank you for your reply to my post, I have been holding her alot instead of letting her roam the house. She has made two poops since she been here and earlier this morning she drank more water than when she first had water, also she ate the little dish i put together for her, it was just alittle though. The food you were referring for me to put in her mouth was it for the dry food? or the meat? It will be impossible for me to take her back being as though she flew in from texas where I purchased her @. I am in Washington, DC. I am going to take her to the vet and keep giving her the Super Cal along with trying to force her to eat her food. She wants to be stubborn I guess. Thank you for all your concerns and I will keep you posted. Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddy
Congrats!!! I can definitely sympathize with you! When I got Jewel, she didn't walk or poop for a week and 1/2 and I had to force feed her soft Physician's Diet food. I gave her the Nutri-Cal and that was the only time she moved a few inches on her own. She would pee on the floor or the pad but she would just sit in it afterwards. I purchased a male as well and he was and still is a rambunctious lil' fellow (Cash). He would abuse her and she would do nothing. I worried something awful and took her to the dr. over that week and a half and they said I may want to consider returning her for another. I brought her back and once the breeder put her in the den she originally came from, she was hopping around like a lil' rabbit, she made her mess instantly and ran off to play with her litter mates. We then realized that she was just in shock! You need to make sure she eats 3-4 meals a day and gets enough water even if you need to force feed her. keep trying to coax her with the Nutri-Cal. Consult with your vet if you are still unsure it is better to be safe than sorry! Take her back to where you purchase her and see if she will pull a Jewel move on you. . .and ask for an exchange extension. . .if the seller is responsible they should allow it so that you are comfortable. Good Luck and Keep us posted! Cash and Jewel have you in their thoughts!!! . . . my breeder also said to let her be . . .not to smother her so that she can get a feel for her surroundings and when you do go to pick her up try to get to her level as much as possible so that she does not cower . . .pups usually will not starve themselves if the food is available, but if she still isn't responding put the food on the roof of her mouth lil' bits at a time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!