Thread: two Yorkies?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Welcome to YT. I had a pack of 3 females all 3 years apart, also all now passed. I did not introduce the older one / ones to a new baby. I just bought the new one home and set her down. The older ones were scared of her because puppies do not smell like dogs because they are babies. Because puppies have so much energy and are nippy my girls stayed on the sofa where nippy puppy could not get at them. It took 6 to 8 weeks before the older ones stay full time on the floor with the wild child, they did become BFF. As long as your male is neutered you can get another male but, he must get neutered when the vet advises. Intact males will fight for dominantacy, they can seriously injure each other if left intact. If you get a female she must be spayed to avoid mammary tumors and Pyometra which can be fatal. Keeping an intact male and a un-spayed female there will be an unplanned for pregnancy, do not think when a female comes into season you can keep them apart, spay and neuter for healthy and longer life.
I also never followed any special routine with bringing a new baby home I just set them down and keep an eye on everything. My parents did the same when I was growing up with our pups. My mom still had her rescue Sammy when we got little 3 pound fluff ball Joey and Sammy just barked and barked and barked at him the first few days. Then Joey would follow Sammy around and do everything he did. Sadly Sammy was diagnosed with lymphoma pretty soon after getting Joey and went to rainbow bridge after a few months of getting Joey. It’s been four years and this still made me tear up.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!