Thread: two Yorkies?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT. I had a pack of 3 females all 3 years apart, also all now passed. I did not introduce the older one / ones to a new baby. I just bought the new one home and set her down. The older ones were scared of her because puppies do not smell like dogs because they are babies. Because puppies have so much energy and are nippy my girls stayed on the sofa where nippy puppy could not get at them. It took 6 to 8 weeks before the older ones stay full time on the floor with the wild child, they did become BFF. As long as your male is neutered you can get another male but, he must get neutered when the vet advises. Intact males will fight for dominantacy, they can seriously injure each other if left intact. If you get a female she must be spayed to avoid mammary tumors and Pyometra which can be fatal. Keeping an intact male and a un-spayed female there will be an unplanned for pregnancy, do not think when a female comes into season you can keep them apart, spay and neuter for healthy and longer life.

Last edited by matese; 02-22-2020 at 04:07 PM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!