View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #15
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
I know I'm walking Duchess wrong. Actually she walks me. Duchess is so hyperactive that she runs our entire walk which result in her pulling me. I know I should get better with walking her but her running on our walks is my way of knowing if she is sick or not feeling well and I love her exuberance on walks it's so hard for me to restrict it.
Who can say you are walking your dog wrong if she wants to bound ahead to work out any pent-up tensions, fears, energy for a goodly portion of the walk? And besides, it's fun for them to bound ahead and enjoy themselves. As long as she's safe on the lead and not hurting anything or anybody, I'd say let her enjoy her walk.

Walking quietly to heel can be trained for whenever it's absolutely necessary, such as if you have to take control when someone else passes, something ahead suddenly brews up or into a commercial space where lots of other people and maybe even dogs are; but for at least a good portion of her daily walks, what's so wrong with enjoying herself. Just be sure for her and others' safety she can be controlled when the time comes and that's for her safety, too. A totally uncontrollable dog outside on lead can be unsafe to themselves and others.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!