View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:03 AM   #17
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Beau has been a trooper, and has reaped some real benefits from the last two weeks of treatment. He even played fetch with real vigor for two days running! Although his tail still wags, he has begun to resist his "empty stomach" pill, and has not wanted to eat anything...even his most loved foods. Today he began whining in the morning, and could not settle comfortably in his bed. A little while later he was shaking, crying, then threw up. His back is arched again this morning, and we can see he is in pain.

My husband and I have not left him alone in the house for the last two weeks except for a dr. appointment that my husband had. We cannot bear to think that he could be in pain when we are not there. We called his vet, and have decided to spend one last day playing with him and his brothers, then let him go after hours when it will be calm and quiet. We are waiting for his doggie friend next door to come over for a final short play date (he will probably be sitting in my lap, but he still likes to watch).

I will miss our baby more than I can bear to think about, but I owe him a release from his pain. My heart is truly breaking and tears are flowing as I write this. Thank you all for your support.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!