View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedy05 View Post
I recently went through a rough time with my 14 yr old baby Tedy. He has pneumonia. He also has stage 2b heart disease as well as a collapsing trachea. He spent 4 days in the Er, 3 of them were in an oxygen tent. I cannot tell you how many people(family, friends) told me I needed to put him down, that I was being selfish and he was suffering. Well I knew he had more time. I know my dog. I knew the way he looked at me. He wasn't ready for me to give up one him. It has been 4 days since he has been home and at this very moment he is barking at me because he wants to play. He has been running around like a maniac acting like a puppy. At his follow up appointment the vet said he recovered from pneumonia and with his meds for the other issues there is no reason that he can't have a good quality of life and could live for for quite some time. I guess my point is, I know sometimes we turn to others for advice about when it is time to let go, but we as the people that love them the most are really the only ones that know. For every one who's pups are sick thoughts are with you and you will know when it is time to let go. Only listen to yourself and your pups. They will guide you
I completely agree that we know our loving companions more than anyone. My husband and I are facing a quality of life decision right now with our beloved Beauregarde. When people come here asking for help, I always try to reach out and offer support...but also caution about prolonging life because we are already aching at the thought of losing them. I have faced this decision several times in my life, and know that pull to keep them here "one more day". I can truly say that for one little one I question whether we should have sent him along earlier as our final gift of love.

I am glad to hear that Tedy has recovered, and wish you many happy, healthy days ahead. At the moment, Beau is also romping around for short bursts...however, I can tell from his gait that he is still experiencing some intermittent pain. We will be making an informed decision, with the help of our trusted vet, when he returns for his followup blood test.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!