View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
tedy05
Yorkie Yakker

Default thoughts on when our pups are sick

I recently went through a rough time with my 14 yr old baby Tedy. He has pneumonia. He also has stage 2b heart disease as well as a collapsing trachea. He spent 4 days in the Er, 3 of them were in an oxygen tent. I cannot tell you how many people(family, friends) told me I needed to put him down, that I was being selfish and he was suffering. Well I knew he had more time. I know my dog. I knew the way he looked at me. He wasn't ready for me to give up one him. It has been 4 days since he has been home and at this very moment he is barking at me because he wants to play. He has been running around like a maniac acting like a puppy. At his follow up appointment the vet said he recovered from pneumonia and with his meds for the other issues there is no reason that he can't have a good quality of life and could live for for quite some time. I guess my point is, I know sometimes we turn to others for advice about when it is time to let go, but we as the people that love them the most are really the only ones that know. For every one who's pups are sick thoughts are with you and you will know when it is time to let go. Only listen to yourself and your pups. They will guide you
tedy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!