View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 01:36 PM   #10
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

It has been a week, and Beau is not showing any improvement in stamina or alertness, but he does not seem to be in any pain. He does not want to eat, but he is on so many meds right now that I think that is playing a part. I changed things up and offered him a bit of warm scrambled egg yesterday morning, and he happily ate it. This morning he did not want his usual chicken at breakfast, but again ate some egg. His first dose of the day is a med to improve his liver function, and is given on an empty stomach one hour before food. I think that it is affecting his appetite.

His energy level is very low, and my husband and I were debating whether he is telling us that he is ready to leave. He still wags his tail happily, and cuddles, but most of his days are spent in bed, and he has not joined in on any play sessions this week...then we left him for the first time in a week for a one-hour meeting, and he greeted us at the door with his favorite toy in his mouth! He is making this decision so hard for us, but for now we are waiting two more weeks to see if his blood levels show improvement.

Trying hard to remain hopeful!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!