View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #33
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
You do this in EVERY raw thread & post...ignorant just means lacking knowledge. Just bc you took vet assistant classes doesn't mean you're right on this topic. I was not attacking you, just pointing out what you do.

Why do you think dogs these are having all these health issues? Cancer is @ an epidemic & obesity is out of control. They are eating man made junk, causing man made diseases! All kinds of gut issues like pancreatis, IBD, IBS, PLE, PLN, just to name a few but is rampant. Joint issues, skin problems, rotting teeth...all causes by a unnatural diet of kibble!

Raw fed dogs have a healthy gut flora, shiny hair, no skin issues, white teeth, overall thriving. None of the kibble fed counterpart diseases. Years of domestication did not change their digestive system. They have & are still evolved to eat raw meat & bones, just look @ their teeth!

Did you know that kibble aka processed food has only been around for 159 yrs? According to palaeontologists, it takes 100,000 yrs for a species to partially adapt to a new diet. So a domesticated dog is technically still a wolf in terms of digestion. https://honeysrealdogfood.com/canine...TOuMQYogosMbc8

Very good read! https://therawfeedingcommunity.com/2...cqO-39xgUPUx-I
Jenny, I think you are awesome. This post is what really bothered me. To say that people with pups with the above mentioned conditions is because they fed their pups junk is beyond the pale. There is NO evidence to support your claims and it bothers me that people reading this who may have a pup with one of those conditions would think they made their pup sick by what they fed them. Saying that a raw diet prevents dental issues also is simply not true.

If you have not had any of those conditions, thank your lucky stars. I can promise you it is not because you feed raw. Law of averages says if you get more pups the larger the risk (I am a prime example of that) Multiple pups...some very healthy, some not so much. One thing I can promise is that the "rotting teeth" are something your pups would have if they didn't have dentals unless you hit the lottery of yorkies with good teeth. (genetics plays a huge roll here) The "rot" has more to do with the size of their mouths than anything and often it starts above the gum line; so examining their teeth is not a valid way to know the health of their teeth. Dental x-rays are a must.

Last edited by ladyjane; 02-03-2020 at 11:59 AM.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!