Thread: Dog Names
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 05:32 AM   #1
Marna1957
YT Addict

Default Dog Names

I have to tell you all, that now and again I grin, when I read your dog names. A Dog's name is so important......How did you come up with all the CUTE names you all have decided on to Name Your Tiny Dogs????

Katy?

When I was a little kid, like really young, my dad brought home a Beagle Puppy hidden in his shirt. I got to name him. I did not know what to call him so my Dad asked, "How does he make you feel?", I said, "Happy." Happy lived a long HAPPY life. My Dad was a Hunter and Happy loved nothing more than loading up to go Hunt Rabbits!

Later in life I had a beautiful Labrador Retriever. I got her just before Christmas one year. I had a Trick Troupe at the time called, Gospel Dogs, and they all had Christian names. I named her Marna's Merry Mary. Mary, as it turned out, is 'That One Dog'......that is, she was 'the dog'. She was just so wonderful and easy to train, and I swear, she could read my mind. After I lost Mary I had a Mixed Breed and named him, Mr. Bo Jangles, because Mary, 'up and died, and after 20 years he still grieves'. <clears lump in throat, because she really was THE DOG and I still do tear up>

After Mary first died I got my little Cocker, and named her Joy Marie. Kinda after Happy and Mary.

Katy, was always slated to be called Jolly.
But we live RIGHT on the KATY Trail. Our front yard starts at the KATY and our driveway crosses it. We ride bikes a lot. A LOT. Last year we rode 2252.2 miles last years. Yes. We keep tract.

When I decided I DID want another little dog <read baby to spoil> I wanted one to fit in a basket on my bicycle and not be too heavy. I researched a few breeds.....Yorkie fit all tickets AND I love the LOOK. I studied the Standard for the Breed so that I would know what I was looking for.....

And so.....the Name Katy.....just worked for her!
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!