Thread: Callie’s knee
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Give it 24 hours, in that 24 hour don't allow her to jump up or down from sofa or bed, don't allow her to run.

Cody bashed his left shoulder 2 1/2 weeks ago because he flies out of the door to catch the squirrels and crashes into the lattice on the deck railing, this time he must have bent his paw backwards when he hit the lattice, he was holding up his paw and walking on all 3's. I started getting dressed to get him to the vet on a ER visit, I saw he jumped on the bed then off the bed, I decided to wait 24 hours. He did good the next day, he was putting weight on it but, as soon as I let him out BAM he hits the lattice again and up came the paw. So, every time he needed to go out I put the harness and leash on him. I blocked the sofa with cushions so he couldn't jump up and closed the bed room door, no jumping, running for 48 hours. For a week I used the harness and leash at potty time. I'm still not allow running. He's been fine for two weeks but still not allowing hard running.

I know it's Callie's knee popping out, big difference then what Cody did, but I would wait 24 hours with no jumping, running and hard playing, keep her calm, see how she is after the 24 hours.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!