View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 04:31 PM   #10
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_and_Me View Post
Thank you for sharing. I found out today that our local shop that sell natural treats such a dried beef and chicken products started offering dehydrated chicken feet. They are also very kind to cut off the claws Gonna check with my vet end of this week before trying them out. It seems like a good compromise, since giving him raw meat/bones would include washing of the face and paws every time and I would worry about salmonella. I read great reviews on how dehydrated feet and necks help with dental health and include lots of natural chondroitin and glucosamine. They also don't brittle just like raw bones.
Just use the same cleaning practices like you would be cooking BBQ for your own family. We handle raw meat all the time. I do wash their face & paws after they get raw meaty bones.

Just FYI, stick to raw meaty bones & give only dehydrated meats or trachea since it has no bones. Any type of cooked bones can be dangerous & poses a health threat. The cooking process draws out the moisture from the bones & makes it brittle & even possibly sharp. It changes the molecular structure of the bone, making it harder to digest.

Dogs can handle the salmonella & their digestive tract is made just for that, it kills the bacteria in the acid bath that is also able to dissolve raw bones.

I have a bunch of links for you about raw feeding, just let me know if you're interested.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!