View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #6
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Just wanted to add a few more thoughts. As for pain and suffering I’ve had the flu a few times where I felt soooo bad I wished I was dead but in a few days my body healed and I felt OK so maybe it’s OK to allow our pets to do the same?

When my pup was sick I remember the vet said if the antibiotic does not work in 24 to 48 hours you need to try a different one or two. Also they used a nebulizer to deliver medication directly into the lungs where the infection was. I am a retired vet tech and I never saw an animal as sick as he was in my life. He was producing so much mucus he could barely breathe, he couldn’t eat. It was just horrible. He had picked up an infection from my other pup that I had just adopted. As she was younger she only had a runny nose but as he was older it really hit him hard and I guess knowing that it was an illness I had hope that he could recover. I took them to the vet together and he started my older pup on a medication as a preventative but it didn’t work and I ended up having to take him to the emergency room because the mucus just came on all at once. They did send him home after treating him but told me that he probably wouldn’t make it. The third day I woke up on the floor as we slept there together and he was gone. I jumped up like a maniac looking for him and found him eating out of his bowl like nothing ever happened.

Last edited by kjc; 02-02-2020 at 10:08 AM.
kjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!