View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 07:33 AM   #9
Marna1957
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
When we take our walks I let him smell every blade of grass, every rock and pebble, every bush and tree, after all it's his walk. I have a yard where he potties so the walks are not potty walks, it's so he gets familiar with the community and where he lives.

JOAN! I LOVE THIS! Katy too! Ha Ha

Sometimes though, when it is raining, or pouring, or snowing, or oh so cold, or extra windy, or all of these together....*I* want to come back in quicker. Katy? This tiny little Huntress would stay out for hours if I let her.....IN ALL WEATHER!

When it is extra cold or snowy out, I put a sleeved sweater on her under her waterproof lined coat. It keeps her warmer, and the snow from getting tangled and balled up in her hair. Many times <winks and laughs> She will be on her "Sniff and Poop" and I am ready to go in.....and I think.... Maybe I dress her tooooo warmly! <jk of course>

We live on 10 acres with acres of Faaaaarrrmmm Land all around us. I too keep Katy on a leash at all times. It's not so much I don't trust her, it's that we have a LOT of Wildlife near us, and she could be gone in seconds! Nothing I could do about it.
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!