View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #8
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
I just looked at Cody's new food, the 2nd ingredient is brown rice, so am I to change to another food?
He was eating Wellness Core Grain Free for 4 1/2 years, he has / had allergies from the day I adopted him. He was on Apoquel until Cytopoint came out then went for shots every 4 to 6 weeks. Both meds cut down the amount of scratching but never stopped it. Then March 2019 he stopped scratching just like that, so the Cytopoint shots stopped. By Jan. 6 he was fully transitioned to the new food and the scratching started on Jan. 6, so this is food related and environmental too I am sure.

What I have found since taking him off grain free he doesn't STINK anymore, yes STINK, he would go to the groomer and the next day he STINKS, I bathe him and the next day he stinks. Changing him to regular dog food no more STINK but now scratching. I guess I have to start the food game all over again looking for rice to be lower on the ingredient list , my problem is in the size of the kibble. Most I have tried the size is for a 3 LB dog, to small for Cody to chew, the new food kibble size is perfect.
Dog food can play a part in what comes out of their pores. I’m sorry you have to go through this. Callie has not had to have a Cytopoint shot since October which I feel every lucky about. Anything you get made specifically for small breed dogs is more then likely going to be to small so you might want to skip looking at those foods. I have the opposite problem with Penny she will only eat small pieces. I wish the food bags had little windows so you could see the food.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!