View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 05:53 PM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I just looked at Cody's new food, the 2nd ingredient is brown rice, so am I to change to another food?
He was eating Wellness Core Grain Free for 4 1/2 years, he has / had allergies from the day I adopted him. He was on Apoquel until Cytopoint came out then went for shots every 4 to 6 weeks. Both meds cut down the amount of scratching but never stopped it. Then March 2019 he stopped scratching just like that, so the Cytopoint shots stopped. By Jan. 6 he was fully transitioned to the new food and the scratching started on Jan. 6, so this is food related and environmental too I am sure.

What I have found since taking him off grain free he doesn't STINK anymore, yes STINK, he would go to the groomer and the next day he STINKS, I bathe him and the next day he stinks. Changing him to regular dog food no more STINK but now scratching. I guess I have to start the food game all over again looking for rice to be lower on the ingredient list , my problem is in the size of the kibble. Most I have tried the size is for a 3 LB dog, to small for Cody to chew, the new food kibble size is perfect.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!