View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 01:38 PM   #1
Saranshay
Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkie Going Bald HELP!!!

My 10 year old yorkie starting losing his hair a year ago. Started thinning around his neck and then started down his back. He had a little dandruff issues before (nothing major, we live in a dry area), but as the balding began. He got really bad scaling. that is under control, but he is going balder and balder. To the point of now he has no hair in areas where it used to just be thin. We have done skin scrapes, biopsies, blood tests and nothing was conclusive and they chalked it up to alopecia X.

When I look at the pictures of alopecia x he does not look like those dogs. His skin is red and thin and not black. He has a bald spot on the top of his nose and his ears do not have hair (but aren't pink/red) He is itchy, but doesn't itchy like crazy and have caught him licking his paws. (but he is a very mellow dog that would be one that would sit in the corner and be miserable instead of one that is running around crazy) If that makes sense.

He is on Zignature, which is a limited ingredient food and seems good for dogs with allergies.

I would love to hear from anyone that has a dog with Alopecia X and see if their dog sounds like this. Or if it sounds more like allergies? Plus given the fact that it is winter, would they have toned down? (I live in Colorado)

The vets never really seemed to entertain the fact it could be environmental allergies.
Saranshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!