View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #1
Noreen612
Yorkie Yakker

Default Luxating Patella 3rd time/ orthopedic recommendation in DC area

Hi all. So my baby has had 2 surgeries on the same left back knee for LP. Her surgeon was ACVS approved/board certified & highly recommended in the area but unfortunately 6 months after her first surgery the knee was luxating again. I took her to another doctor for second opinion who assured me that it happens & to allow her surgeon to go back and tighten up the area. So He performed surgery #2 and 8 months later here we are again, knee is pooped out and she’s limping or holding it up 99% if the day. Her surgeon claims she has an anatomical deformity preventing the knee from staying in place and doesn’t recommend surgery again. She’s only 2.5 yrs old and 5lbs so I don’t want her to have to go through that again either but I also want her to be able to walk on all 4s & not develop arthritis. I’m going to look for a third doctor just to get insight on options. Anyone live in Virginia, Maryland, or DC area that could recommend a good orthopedic doc? Anyone been through multiple LP surgeries on sane knee? So sad for her. Yet she seems to not be in pain and still enjoys her walks and playing but bothers me to see her limping or galloping or hopping on all threes. Thanks!
Noreen612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!