View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 02:29 AM   #5
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_and_Me View Post
I know this has been discussed before, but who gives raw chicken/turkey necks or other bones to their furkids? Mike's developed tartar on his back teeth. I'm currently giving him PlaqueOff and it seems to softer the tartar as I was able to scrape some of it but I can't get to his back teeth. He doesn't chew anything, he gulps his kibble, rawhide is bad and he doesn't like nylabones with those little bristles. Fruits and veggies I give for treats aren't really "chewing". He loves to chew, but i'm struggling with finding anything appropriate for a year... I'm afraid to give large meaty bones due to risk of breaking teeth. And we have nothing else available here for chewing. So I thought maybe give him frozen chicken or turkey necks once/twice a week to gnaw on it and eat it, and I'm reading they don't pose any issues for digestion. Thank you!
I feed my Yorkies a raw diet & they occasionally get chicken feet, necks & wings. Whole quail, rabbit, cornish hens, duck any small boned animal. I let them strip the meat off of baby back ribs, their absolute favorite.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!