View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 08:03 AM   #5
guliverandmaya
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellajayne View Post
Our previous yorkie had a bad experience with a groomer and was scared after that...she became very aggressive whenever we tried to have her groomed. I tried doing it myself but it wasn't working out and the groomer we switched to suggested we take her to the vet to be put under and clipped. I couldn't see doing that myself every time she needed to be groomed. So I contacted a groomer who also does boarding and day care. I explained the situation and she suggested bringing her in a couple of days a week for her to get used to her and she could try to ease her into it. This worked like a miracle for us! After just a couple of days of getting familiar with her and baby steps of grooming her a little at a time as she could tolerate it in that environment she was able to completely groom her. It was an enormous relief for us! She built up trust with her because she was simply terrified. We didn't have any more grooming issues after that. I hope you can find someone like this that will nurture and build that trust...I think that was key for us. Good Luck!
Hi! Any idea what your groomer did to calm her down? My Nova is not aggressive just doesn’t want to be brushed without treats and I can’t do her pony tail at all. She doesn’t like it.

Thanks
guliverandmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!