View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #93
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

We had a problem with large dogs in the neighborhood, some on leads, some not, some being tied out in their yards, but all were very threatening and I know it’s just a matter of time before one gets loose and attacks us. So I started thinking about how to make my dogs look less like pray to these big dogs. I found some dresses that had bright colors and big bold prints. I dressed my dogs and we went for a walk. I heard one dog’s chain as we walked past the yard. My heart was racing but I turned a look and the dog was sitting there with his head cocked with the most confused look on his face. I had to laugh because this dog would always run to the end of his leash trying to get us. He actually stopped short it was only halfway to the end and was sitting there just so confused.
We have problems with birds also so I researched what birds were afraid of and it said shiny things would confuse them so things like gazing balls that you put out the garden anything that would reflect light. Also making your dog look less like a rabbit or other prey item would help by using loud colors and bold prints not normally found in nature. Shiny buttons or mirror like reflective things sewn or glued onto their clothing would be a deterrent for birds of prey attacks.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!