View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 03:37 AM   #87
Gew
YT Addict

Default Help with hawks

We have a fenced in yard. It is 280 feet wide. Last year my beloved collie was t-boned by a deer damaging his liver. The deer had jumped the six foot fence. Four months later, after many hospitalizations, Jami died. We raised the six foot fence to an eight foot fence, albeit too late for my boy. Now we have hawks circling and diving the yard. While we always walk Max, 5#,and Audrey,6#,on lead in that yard, we are increasingly aware of hawks circling the yard. Only twice have they dove down. Both times both yorkies were on 6 foot leads and Finley, our remaining collie, right beside. However, one hawk came within a foot of Max . I just can’t stand the thought of losing another dog.
We have the “big eye balloons,” we bought 475 bland cds and strung them to reflect attaching them to ropes we strung across the yard attaching them to the top of the fence posts. Still a hawk dove down.
Has anyone made an enclosure of part of a fenced yard large enough for the yorkies to exercise some, but covered so they are safe? It was a fortune to have the fencing, then the extension to eight feet, but I can’t cover the entire area, but I will cover a portion.
Gew is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!