View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #10
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgidget View Post
My first Yorkie was a grazer and it worked fine for him; however, he didn't go with me everywhere I went during the day. Gidget does so her grazing doesn't usually start until 2 or 3:00 in the afternoon. Sometimes, I leave the house around 1:00 and don't get back until 6 or 7:00, which means she hasn't had anything to eat since the night before. Don't like that idea at all. So, I put her food out this morning (1/2 her daily amount). She finally ate it around 3:00. Put the other 1/2 out and will take it up at 8:00 even if she hasn't eaten it all. Will be rough for a couple of days but she'll soon learn to eat the food when it's out because it might not be there later.
I also supplement with a tiny amount of beef and chicken in the morning and at night. It was started to get food into Callie for her medicines and since I was doing it with one I had to do it will all of them. They know if only stays out for a short amount of time like 10 minutes and then it’s gone but the boys don’t seem to care much they do not always eat it but the girls do. I’m actually getting a sample of veggie mix that I just add some protein to and going to try that in the morning and at night but still leave the dry food out. I think Ollie wouldn’t get enough food if I picked up the dry food. I wish you luck, yorkies are stubborn.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!