View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
Diddy
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrycream
Hello all I am a new member to yorkie talk as well as to owning my own yorkie. I just got her yesterday but i have some questions. She hasn't eaten much nor drank much since she has been home. She has been peeing alot on her puppy pad and my floor may I add lol. I purchased something from the petshop called Super Cal due to me not seeing the Nutrical or Nutri Stat. It has and does the same thing as the others. I gave her a finger full on her tongue but I would like to know is this normal for her not to be eating or drinking, or is it from the long plane ride she had yesterday. I am getting alittle worried because I want my babe girl to be ok and not get sick. If anyone can help or knows someone who can help I would be gladly appreciated in anything that you can do. You can either send it here or email me @ strawberrydelite23@msn.com. Once again Thanks in advance.

Congrats!!! I can definitely sympathize with you! When I got Jewel, she didn't walk or poop for a week and 1/2 and I had to force feed her soft Physician's Diet food. I gave her the Nutri-Cal and that was the only time she moved a few inches on her own. She would pee on the floor or the pad but she would just sit in it afterwards. I purchased a male as well and he was and still is a rambunctious lil' fellow (Cash). He would abuse her and she would do nothing. I worried something awful and took her to the dr. over that week and a half and they said I may want to consider returning her for another. I brought her back and once the breeder put her in the den she originally came from, she was hopping around like a lil' rabbit, she made her mess instantly and ran off to play with her litter mates. We then realized that she was just in shock! You need to make sure she eats 3-4 meals a day and gets enough water even if you need to force feed her. keep trying to coax her with the Nutri-Cal. Consult with your vet if you are still unsure it is better to be safe than sorry! Take her back to where you purchase her and see if she will pull a Jewel move on you. . .and ask for an exchange extension. . .if the seller is responsible they should allow it so that you are comfortable. Good Luck and Keep us posted! Cash and Jewel have you in their thoughts!!! . . . my breeder also said to let her be . . .not to smother her so that she can get a feel for her surroundings and when you do go to pick her up try to get to her level as much as possible so that she does not cower . . .pups usually will not starve themselves if the food is available, but if she still isn't responding put the food on the roof of her mouth lil' bits at a time.
Remembr 2 watch ur thoughts bcuz they bcom ur words, watch ur words 4 they bcom ur actions, watch ur actions 4 they bcom ur habits, watch ur habits 4 they bcom ur character and watch ur character bcuz it bcoms ur legacy.

http://www.dogster.com/?283709. . . http://www.dogster.com/?283717

Last edited by Diddy; 03-18-2006 at 08:09 PM. Reason: forgot to say something
Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!