View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 05:51 AM   #14
Marna1957
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I’m so proud of my smart boy!! Jackson got his Novice Trick Dog title in January and we knew enough to go ahead and apply for Intermediate, Advanced and Expert as well so he got those 3 all on the same day!! I am attaching the video of his tricks (I’m sure I missed some, it was hard to keep track lol and Also a few clips are missing sound but most work). Now we will transfer the titles over to AKC so he will have the highest title there.

Trick training has been a part of our life since the day I brought him home at 9 weeks old. He’s now 9 years old and enjoys it every bit as much! It has given him confidence and allowed him to use his brain. it also strengthened our bond a lot. Love this boy with all my heart.

I can't seem to get the video to be embedded anymore. So here is a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3YEatlhLF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3YEatlhLF8

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR VIDEO......I love your Happy Training Voice....and that you use the word, "yes". Thank you for sharing.

When we lived in WI we had goats. We had 80 acres and the goats just ran free.....they were spoiled goats and lived outside my house. They stayed right by the house waiting for me to come back out. Actually some of my goats were trained to tricks and agility...... Goats are VERY food motivated, far more than a Llama....we trained those also.

My first goat was Pinecone.....oh that goat! She was like a BIG dog. She followed me everywhere, even when I rode my bike or horses.....stay with me, I'm getting to the point of this..... Ha Ha

At that time I had a Platte Hound named Mr. Bo Jangles. He was a RIOT. He did several tricks, and so much more.....we taught him to 'Close the Door.". When we came in, he and I, I would have bowls from feeding animals or a pale of fresh 'squeezed' milk.....so I would not always get the door shut tight.

We free fed the dogs in the kitchen.....

Pinecone would wait, then when all settled she would push the door, sneak into the Kitchen and we would suddenly hear her eating the dog food.....

This is when I taught Bo Jangles to close the door. But he would SLAM the door! Ha Ha

Many times, Pinecone would be right behind it, not touching, but ready, when Mr. Bo Jangles SLAMMED the door.

We would say....."That's fair. It is after all his food she comes in and eats, AFTER her own breakfast!"
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!