Thread: Puppy Days
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 05:45 AM   #4
Marna1957
YT Addict

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PUPPY!

You Are Not Alone! I am new to Yorkies and Learning all this Grooming too. I swear to you, I do brush Katy, usually 2 x per day..... <laughs and winks> But to look at her, you would swear that I do not. But even when Scruffy and or Scrappy looking.....I think she is ADOKABLE! (a word we made up)

I have found the best brush for Katy, is a $3 Cat Brush I found at Walmart. It is a Pin Brush with the rubber ends, color Green, and short slanted bristles. I keep it right next to my computer so that when she wants up on my lap for her morning lap, we do a 'quick comb'......and off to sleepyland she goes.

Be sure to handle your puppy's feet/pads/toenails often. If it pulls away, gently, but firmly, pick the foot back up. Gently, softly, rub all four feet daily. Not only are you letting the dog know you can and will touch it anywhere (such a help for later vetting) but this also sets a foundation in Dominance as well as WILL MAKE NAIL TRIMMING MUCH EASIER IN YEARS TO COME! (not yelling, making a point).
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!