View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #13
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgidget View Post
What do you feed your Yorkies?
Cody is a rescue, I started him off on Natural Balance limited ingredients, he ate that for 1 1/2 years, this kid is not a picky eater, for whatever reason he would not eat that anymore. For appox. 4 1/2 years he's been eating Wellness Core grain free, reduced fat for adults, he loves it. In Nov. Cody had to see the vet, I bought in a empty bag of Wellness for vet to see, vet tells me get him off grain free. The concern is that Grain Free Diets may lead to taurine deficiency and that taurine deficiency has been linked to Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs.

Cody weighs 12 Lbs, the small breed brands of regular dog foods the kibble was tiny, to tiny for Cody he was having issues chewing these tiny kibbles . I was moaning to my groomer who breeds and shows miniature Poodles about not being able to find a kibble size the size of the Wellness Core. She brings out a few kibbles of what she feeds her poodles, they were a wee bit smaller but better then the small breed brands I had tried. So I just finished doing a one month lol transition to the new food which is Annamaet 23% protein.

The one BIG change in switching him from grain free to regular food is.....he doesn't stink anymore, a day after grooming he would STINK, he pees, poops he is cleaned off with baby wipes, and I clean his pads in case he walks in the pee. I bathe him, the next day he stinks. He is my first boy, my girls never stunk, so I am thinking it's a boy dog thing. 2 weeks into the transition I realize he doesn't stink, as of Jan. 6th he is on the new regular food and no more stink whoopie.......

Last edited by matese; 01-07-2020 at 05:58 PM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!