View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 06:53 AM   #43
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna1957 View Post
I'm so glad to hear you are going to work with your dog. Trainers can be GREAT, but, and I am sure you already know, It's not what they teach the dog, it's what they teach the Owner. We always tell people......'You get out of an animal, what YOU put into the animal.'

Any animal, especially dogs, need a 'job'.....or they will find their own. Even Trick Training can be of so much help and also a segway to other Training. It's, and YOU know this, about that Bond you create with them. It is about being their Alpha. Not being mean, being their Leader who when a rule is set, the rule is met. Dogs NEED an Alpha/Leader.....or they take that roll themselves.....we, as humans usually notice this through what we call, "bad/aggressive behavior".

Good Luck, and I really mean that! It's sure going to take time, but YOU can do this.

I am looking forward to seeing your posts about how this is going for you. Starting over is NOT easy.....and I know.....Katy had gone almost 3 full weeks with NO potty mistakes in the house.....then last night...... <sighs and laughs> A dog owner just has to STAY WITH IT, even when the person is tired, or it's raining, or cold or.... <laughs again> Dog Ownership is NOT for the lazy, THAT is for sure! Keep us posted!
and a bigger

Consistency is the key word.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!