View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #7
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterstarpromo View Post
Our dogs are so much alike! Georgie is the first yorkie I have had, and I didn't realize what I was getting myself into behaviorally when I got her. I almost didn't keep her, but then did because I couldn't stand the thought of giving her a home and then taking it away from her. As she has gotten older, she has matured, thank goodness! Now I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Georg had surgery a few months ago for a luxating patella and torn ligament in her left back leg. The recovery process feels so slow- but she has improved greatly even though she's still recuperating. She definitely has gotten her sass back.
How old is your doggie?

I have discovered that it is better to do 2 - 3 smaller walks, like a 20 min walk and then a small 5 - 10 walk, or 2, 15 minute walks. I have tried to walk her more than that twice and each time she picked up the leg, the first time, I ended up carrying her and massaging her knee until she was able to straighten out her leg and the 2nd time, it was just a quick pick up of the leg. I also notice that if I go beyond that time, she kind of starts to walk "off". On the days she goes to swim, I will only do a very short walk because it is just too much for her legs and my vet said not to over do anything.

I put her back on the CBD oil once a day at night. I am going to try and increase it to twice a day, but I have to go really slow because she got sick last week when I gave her too much. UGHHH, this dog, as my friend says, is a full time job!!! LOL. But, as you said about your Georgie, she has matured and is not as nutty in a high energy way. She is now nutty in other ways. LOL. But she still makes me laugh every single day and I love her to death.
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!