View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
Marna1957
YT Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I wish I only had to lose 16 pounds. I have been overweight my whole life and certain health issues seem to make it harder but on the first Monday in January I'm starting back on weight watchers. I had several doctors tell me its more about what you eat then your exercise. Not that exercising isn't good you just have to watch your food intake too. Penny is my only little chubby puppy and part of that I think is because she was not given much food at her old home and now kinda really goes at it or did, she has slowed down a bit now. I wish I could walk outside more but in the really cold if I walk my asthma gets bad and I end up with bronchitis and in the summer its bad because I am allergic to mosquitoes and they will bite the heck out of me. Something that is kind of funny is I grew up riding my bike a lot like all the time but a few years ago I got on one and its like I forgot how to ride and kept falling off. I want to lose weight so I can do more agility with the two boys especially Ollie because he is so timid and shy that agility gets him feeling like a confident big man but goodness can it be a work out for the human too.

OH AGILITY! I love Animal Agility! I have never participated in Competition, but in SD (we moved a year ago last Summer) I had about 5 acres set up with REALLY NICE, HEAVY DUTY, Agility Equipment my husband made me. Most was made for my bigger Dogs and so that our Goats could also use it safely.

You say, "more agility.....". Do you compete? Do you have a course/equiment at home? Classes? Tell me more, tell me more.

I have Agility (and Trick) Trained.... Betta and Gold Fish, Mice, Hamsters, Gerbils, Pet Rats, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, Cats, Dogs, Goats, a Pony, Donkeys, and Horses, on Agility Equipment. SO FUN! Such a GREAT bonding and training tool! My husband made almost every single piece of equipment for me. I made a lot of the Horse Agility Equipment, easy stuff. I wish I had taken so many more photos. But when your working with the animals, you do not stop midway and get out your phone and....but there are some photos here.... marnasmenagerie.com

Katy would love Agility. We have a Cat Tunnel, the type that fold down, it's about 6' long, behind our couch in the Living Room (right next to their 7' big ole Kitty Kondo, next to their litter, Ha Ha) anyway, Katy runs through it for fun all the time. RUNS! So Cute. I was already thinking about having Deron build her a few pieces of Agility Equipment.

Weight Loss IS mostly about not putting things in your mouth. But for ME, if I do not Work Out..... sighs, cause I hate it..... I can gain weight so easy, so danged easy.

I had some terrible Lung problems. Honestly. Fixed with sticking to eating right, we eat VERY LITTLE salt, and Working Out. I started walking, at first when I started, for very short walks, because very short walks WERE ALL I COULD DO. Sighs again..... I have to get on this 16 pounds before it becomes 20 pounds. 20 will lead to 50 for me. Sighs....yet again.

Now you have me sitting here thinking...... I need to go to SD (we still own our place there, but for how long?) and get our Agility Equipment! I had Cocker Spaniels, so some of the Equipment is small..... Ha Ha
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!