View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisGene View Post
No I've taken her to te vet twice in 3 weeks but my vet doesnt listen to me and I dont agree with their diagnosis. Honestly I still think her issue might be shes eaten something she shouldn't of and it's either still lodged in her throat or shes unable to pass it. Shes now constipated and hasn't pooped in 2 days. I've asked vet to do an xray but he insisted it was an infection since her throat was "very red swollen and irritated" yet my reason for emergency visit was because i thought she was choking on something.....i disagreed with him since she had no fever so why would she just need antibiotics? That was my first visit and waste of 75.00.

Then she started throwing up stopped eating and had strange very stinky poop that resembled rubber almost like with mucus .I took her back with the stool sample and they say shes eaten something she shouldn't of and has a belly ache from it...they charged me another 145.00

Since that last visit shes slowly going down. I see her getting just a lil bit worse everyday. She hasn't pooped since the stool sample I took to the vet which was awful stinky and almost like rubber with lots of mucus. I'm very unhappy with them not listening to me but I'm so worried shes suffering and scared. I watch her very closely but one night she was alone for an hour and got into my nightstand. I found cough drops, a razor, a toothpick and the tiny lil round watch batteries in her bed. I had 4 batteries and only found 3 so I worry that's what she ate.

She acts like her mouth hurts and yawns constantly now. I think I'm gonna have to find a new veterinarian but now it will be a month or longer before I can afford to take her.
Remember the vet works for you so you tell him to do xrays if that’s what you want but at this point I would switch vets. It can take their system a few days to recover after diarrhea to make enough for a regular poo. If she did swallow the battery I would be very concerned because I have heard stories of them almost killing kids. Could she have a bad tooth? I would either get a care credit card or a regular credit card and go to a new vet.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!