View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Exclamation Coyote in my back neighbor's backyard!

Hi Yorkietalk Fam, long time no chat! We're all doing fantastic!

Posting this as a warning. We live in heavily populated suburban neighborhood. We are surrounded by hills & mountains. We also have golf courses & empty ravines throughout the neighborhood where wild animals live. We did have a recent fire (Tenaja fire) that displaced a lot of animals from the hills.
I also did see a coyote walking along the sidewalk in broad daylight right down the street a few years back, so was wary of them hanging around.

Couple of weeks ago, my back neighbor to the left had a coyote in her backyard @ 10 am. The blue arrow is our house. By the looks of it, the coyote jumped into my neighbor's backyard to my left. She has a Chihuahua that comes & goes freely through a doggie door. Luckily, she was not outside when this happened.

My Yorkies are never left unattended outside & I have my patio enclosed w/ ex-pens connected together. This is more to avoid them getting into fights w/ back neighbor's Husky & side neighbor's Chihuahua through the fence LOL. Anyways, I have noticed my Yorkies taking turns sniffing the entrance to our patio slider & mark that very spot. I was wondering why they would do that & now I am pretty sure that the coyote visited our backyard too & marked it.

Be very cautious, even if you don't think there are predators bc you live in the city, there very well might be. We are all living together & they were here 1st. Stay safe, look up & around, never leave your littles out unattended.
Attached Thumbnails
Coyote in my back neighbor's backyard!-coyote.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!