View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #1
Marna1957
YT Addict

Default Finding Katy~~Yorkie WELL BRED Puppies

I had decided I wanted another little dog. I had read up on and decided on a Yorkie. The road was LOOOONG to finally find the RIGHT Yorkie. Over 5 months.

The first I found was at a Garage Sale....now, before you have a fit, let me finish. He was 4 months old and the lady had brought him home from somewhere/some 'breeder', with fleas and such. She cleaned him up, was looking for a GOOD home for him, after she had given him shots, dewormed, cleaned up, and started house training him. She was only asking $250 and NOT giving his papers with him. He was however on the large size.

But a 'him' was not really what I wanted. I wanted one that I can dress with fancy lace and bows clothes. I want to sew again for a 'baby dog'.

My husband told me to wait and get what I wanted. He offered to pay the prices and go anywhere to get her. I started really looking......

HOWLING CATS! Finding a GOOD Yorkie was hard! Quite Honestly, FINDING A YORKIE PUPPY AT ALL was not easy! And the SCAMS! The foreign Scams.....showing you photos of show bred puppies, so cute and so right....then....send money....well?, YOU know.

Finally, finally, I found what I THOUGHT was the right puppy. Mama dog, from the photos, was kinda bald (I have had, trained, bred, competed with dogs for over 50 years, I know what allergies look like and was suspicious) but also read the Yorkie puppies are hard on mama's coats....so I would look at the coat when I got there.

Long story short. All was well. We were going to pick up our puppy on our way to our home in SD......and we drove over 3 hours to get to the puppy. The arrangement was, I was going to let the guy know when I got to St. Joseph MO. When I text him he responded.....meet us at BK.

Long story short. I did NOT meet him, I knew the lines of bull$^## he was saying and passed on the puppy.

Get this. In SD, I looked on Craigslist. I found this NICE gal that had NICE looking puppies and dogs, from the photos I saw. I went to her home to see the parents, what I looked at first. Not in a hurry to buy, not getting sucked in by cute faces first. The parents Straight/Correct Front Legs, GREAT Teeth line up, Nice Conformation, AND SMALL BODIES! The parents and puppies were so friendly and outgoing! Then I picked a puppy. She was less money than the one I had left home for, and I felt better about the whole thing.

Funny thing......the lady/Breeder lives on......Park Ave. We joke that we bought our Yorkie on Park Ave, Ha Ha

What have YOU found when looking for Yorkies?!
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!